Miros is a technology company at heart, driven by innovation and a strong will to succeed together with its customers. We develop innovative, disruptive technology for measuring the ocean surface. Our sensors and systems deliver data used by many socio-economic sectors, from government institutions to the general public, as well as the private sector. Whether supporting the growth of the burgeoning offshore wind industry, or aiding the decarbonisation of the global shipping fleet, we work to drive safety, efficiency and performance in a range of maritime markets
Miros’ portfolio of dry sensors provides accurate, real-time data for weather sensitive operations offshore, as well as offering input to asset integrity systems and coastal monitoring. The primary applications of Miros’ sensors include wave and current monitoring and oil spill detection.
Join our team providing reliable ocean surface measurements to some of the largest players in the global offshore and maritime industry.
Initiativrik Finance Manager søkes til ambisiøst “ocean tech” selskap
Vi søker etter en initiativrik og forretningsorientert Finance Manager som har lyst til å jobbe for et dynamisk selskap hvor det er kort vei fra idé til handling. Hos Miros vil du få muligheten til å jobbe i et internasjonalt teknologiselskap i vekst, hvor det er stor bredde i arbeidsoppgaver og grensesnitt mellom det kommersielle og finansielle. Stillingen vil bidra med analyser og strategisk støtte for å sikre lønnsom vekst innenfor våre nye tjenesteområder (“Sea-State-as-a-Service).
Vi tilbyr bred eksponering i forhold til oppgaver og problemstillinger knyttet til økonomi og analyse, forbedringsinitiativ, pris- og markedsbeslutninger, digitalisering og støtte til salgs- og leveranseteam. Stillingen rapporterer til CFO og det daglige regnskapet føres av et eksternt regnskapsbyrå. Du vil få innsikt i forretningsdrivere og -prosesser i et etablert selskap (Miros AS og vårt datterselskap Miros Scotland Ltd), og samtidig bidra med analyse og forretningsstøtte til et start-up innenfor shipping (Miros Mocean).
- Hovedansvar for rapportering, prognoser og beslutningsstøtte til ledelse og styret for Miros AS og Miros Scotland Ltd.
- Rapportering til bank, revisor og offentlige myndigheter
- Oppfølging av eksternt regnskapsbyrå og overse at løpende regnskapskontroll er tilfredsstillende
- Utvikling av KPIer og strategiske handlingsplaner, samt utvikle dashboard for finansiell og kommersiell styringsinformasjon, hhv. i Power BI og Hubspot
- Forretningsstøtte og analyser knyttet til lønnsomhet, prising og finansiering av ulike forretningsmodeller for softwareløsninger og sensorsalg
- Være en pådriver for å effektivisere og digitalisere rutiner og prosesser relatert til økonomi, salg, leveranse og kundeoppfølging
- Bistå med administrative oppgaver knyttet til HR, forsikring og daglig drift
- Strategisk partner for CFO, CEO og andre nøkkelpersoner i organisasjonen på ulike prosjekt
- Høyere økonomisk utdannelse
- 3-5 års relevant erfaring fortrinnsvis fra analyse, controlling, revisjon eller konsulentmiljø
- Operasjonell interesse med god forretningsforståelse
- Erfaring fra teknologivirksomheter eller “SaaS” er et stort pluss
- Gode kommunikasjonsevner på norsk og engelsk
- Nysgjerrig og motivert for ansvar og varierte arbeidsoppgaver
- Analytisk med øye for detaljer
- Initiativrik og god til å se løsninger
- Fleksibel – ingen oppgave er for stor eller for liten
- Inkluderende, hyggelig og internasjonalt arbeidsmiljø
- Mulighet til å påvirke egen hverdag i forhold til arbeidsoppgaver og kontaktflater
- Fleksibel arbeidstid med mulighet for hjemmekontor
- Sosiale/sportslige sammenkomster når vi kan; julebord, teambuilding, løping, bordtennisturnering o.l.
- Konkurransedyktige betingelser
Send din CV via “Søk her” lenken. Ved spørsmål kontakt gjerne Hilde Bottolfsen Bøhn (CFO) på telefon 97 69 26 99. Alle henvendelser behandles konfidensielt.
Vi behandler søknader fortløpende.
A unique opportunity to build and scale an ambitious marine-tech company where you will contribute to making traditional industry sustainable.
Do you want to be a part of a company that has a startup feel after almost 20 years in the market?
Welcome to Miros – real-time ocean data on any device
Miros is a technology company that specializes in measuring the ocean surface. Our company provides sensors and systems for environmental monitoring to the global offshore and maritime industry. Our portfolio of sensors provides accurate, real-time data for weather-sensitive operations offshore, as well as offering input to asset integrity systems and coastal monitoring. The primary applications of Miros sensors include wave and current monitoring and oil spill detection. Miros takes great pride in making this traditional industry sustainable.
We are now looking for a talented and motivated Application Engineer to join our team in Asker, could this be you?
We are looking for an Application Engineer to strengthen our team and help us to grow. You will work closely with our customers and ensure that our product meets high quality standards. You will contribute to testing, insights, and feedback to all our departments.
- Obtain and maintain a deep understanding of the product and be a superuser of the systems.
- Participate in testing of systems before delivery to the customer.
- Provide installation, commissioning, and training to customers through digital channels and at site. International and offshore travel can be expected.
- Maintain and monitor knowledge base and support ticket system.
- Provide feedback to the development team and sales team.
- Provide support to customers remotely and on site if required.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of Miros.
Why do we believe this is a unique opportunity?
Miros is a disruptive force within the environmental monitoring niche, working as a driver for digital transformation across a range of energy and infrastructural markets. As an Application Engineer, you will be able to make an impact on our environmental deliveries, state-of-the-art sensors, and solutions to support some of the leading offshore vessel companies globally on their digitalization journey. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact to the success of Miros.
Miros is offering the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art hardware and software products as part of a fast-growing, high-tech company in Asker. Along with a competitive salary, we provide flexible working hours and an environment with both challenging and fun job duties.
We believe that this industry and our climate need our expertise to continue to contribute to making it as sustainable as possible.
Other key positives
- Work across creative and technology-focused competencies.
- Be part of a dynamic, international team operating across the globe.
- Enjoy a range of social activities both through Miros and our parent company, Aircontact Group.
- Miros has been measuring the ocean surface for more than 35 years yet maintains a start-up mindset and agile approach.
- Opportunity to grow and learn
- Miros’ innovative, disruptive technology contributes to a number of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Miros sensors are used in research projects worldwide, and our novel solutions for measuring ocean surface currents and wave parameters have even been given the seal of approval by some of the world’s most respected scientific agencies.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, you will have experience with electronics. If you also have experience from marine/vessel or offshore and you now wish to have a shore-based position, this would be the perfect step for you. Some knowledge of Hardware would also be an advantage.
If you have a customer-oriented attitude and enjoy working across borders and disciplines and you are flexible and self-driven then this position could be for you. You are also focused on high quality and have a structured approach to planning and problem-solving. We envisage you to be agile, forward-thinking, and able to identify and implement technical solutions. You also have an outgoing attitude and like to socialize. This position will also require some travel to our customers.
Furthermore, from your background:
- Master or Bachelor within technical or subjects (electronics and IT is most relevant)
- Work experience within relevant subjects
- Hands-on experience with technology (projects, products, and tools)
- Strong written and oral communications, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy talking about technology trends and explaining technical concepts to a range of audiences.
Our recruitment partner, AvantGarde Search, is well acquainted with Miros and our values, having already recruited team members for us at management, commercial, and technical levels. To apply, please submit your CV via the “apply here” link. Alternatively, please feel free to get in touch with Jonas Haneborg in AvantGarde Search who will happily send you a full prospect with a lot more information.
Join the ocean IoT revolution in Asker!
Are you motivated to help offshore energy players operate more efficiently? Do you thrive when given the opportunity to sell modern tech-solutions both nationally and internationally? Are you passionate about ocean industries and leveraging high-tech to improve safety, environmental impact and the bottom line? If the answer is yes, then we would very much like to hear from you!
Welcome to Miros – real-time ocean data on any device
Miros is a maritime technology company with ambitious growth plans. We develop and sell IoT sensors and cloud-based solutions for digital sea-state data. Our mission is to measure the ocean surface leveraging modern, digital technology while empowering customers to make better decisions to enhance the safety, performance, and efficiency of marine operations all around the world.
With 30 employees based at our headquarters in Asker, Norway, the team consists of software engineers, scientists, operations technicians, and oceanographers, as well as our sales and marketing department. We also have a sales and service team based at our UK office, and a global partner network for sales and customer support.
Are you our new Sales Executive?
We are now looking to further strengthen our sales team, and this time we are looking for a Sales Executive focusing on the offshore vessel market, who shares our passion for the ocean, for technology and for supporting offshore and maritime operations worldwide.
Miros’ products and services to the offshore vessel market are centered around digital sea-state and weather data in real time, to enable better decisions during weather sensitive operations.
The value of Miros’ solutions lies in the expansion of weather-related operating limits and the ability to operate closer to those limits. This translates into wider weather windows, enhanced performance, and increased safety. Our Cloud solution provides easy access of local conditions to all relevant stakeholders on any device, both in real-time and for historical analysis. Miros’ offering to the market also includes an oil spill detection (OSD) system which we have supplied to the industry since 2004.
As Sales Executive, you have a profound understanding both of customers’ requirements and our product range and its applications towards the offshore vessel market. You will communicate clearly with all stakeholders in the industry and generate responsive and compelling proposals which deliver added value to our customers.
- Solution sales internationally towards the offshore vessel market and KAM as defined in the sales team
- Develop offshore vessel segment, product understanding and messaging in the market
- Coordinate geographical area activities for the segment
- Proactive sales towards designated segments and associated customers, including quotation and negotiation
- Gather market and customer feedback to product managers and R&D for product/applications development
- Establish, maintain and develop offshore vessel prospects database
- Relevant market intelligence and analytics
- Sales forecasting
Why do we believe this is a unique opportunity?
Miros is a disruptive force within the environmental monitoring niche, working as a driver for digital transformation across a range of energy and infrastructural markets. As a Sales Executive you will be in a position to present impactful, state-of-the-art sensors and solutions to support some of the leading offshore vessel companies globally on their digitalisation journey. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact within “your” market niche as well as to the overall success of Miros.
Other key positives:
- Work across creative and technology-focused competencies
- Be part of a dynamic, international team operating across the globe
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Enjoy a range of social activities both through Miros and our parent company, Aircontact Group
- Miros has been measuring the ocean surface for more than 35 years yet maintains a start-up mindset and agile approach
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, you will have a personal aptitude for solution sales, first class communication skills at all levels, the ability to develop lasting customer relationships, and a structured approach to identifying, tracking, negotiating and closing sales and developing customer prospects. By nature, you are an initiator with a bold, exploring and tenacious follow up approach.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of the offshore vessel market, and a good understanding of industry dynamics and needs. Ideally you will have some relevant sales related exposure to the market and a documented track record, preferably with some knowledge of Software as-a Service sales.
As a person you are someone who has the ability to develop lasting customer relationship and close sales. You are energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. Also, you have high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
Our recruitment partner, AvantGarde Search, is well acquainted with Miros and our values, having recruited team members for us at management, commercial, and technical levels. To apply, please submit your CV via the “apply here” link. Alternatively, please feel free to get in touch with Jonas or Erik in AvantGarde Search who can send you a full prospect.